Sunday, June 16, 2013

What do I do all day?

Various friends back in Australia have asked me what do I do all day since the kids are at school for a long time (according to them) and I am not working apart from 2 hours a week coaching maths.

I have been studying my Grad Dip Ed. over the internet, going to Yoga, the gym and recently started tennis once a week.

I have tried to get out and see more of the surrounding countryside, including shopping centres, with some of Michael's colleagues wives who are also not working. Here's a picture of us all out for dinner for someone's birthday. Next week we are having lunch and a showing of the Kath and Kim movie for some Australian culture.

The Raytheon Partners
















Last week I went with Heather to Dorchester to see the Dorset County Museum where we saw, among other things, the recently discovered newest pliosaur species, named Kevan after the Englishman who discovered it. Of course afterwards we went for some tea and gluten free cake as Heather is a coeliac.
Cute retro croquery in Dorchester Cafe

Friend Heather in retro cafe
Some weeks before, I went walking with Jude to Portland where we got a great view of Chesil Beach and Weymouth.
View of Chesil Beach from Portland

This week I drove to Wimborne Minster with Heather which has a really old church or Minster (circa 1300s) and also has one of the earliest 'chained libraries' where the books were chained so people wouldn't steal them.
Books on chains to stop English people stealing them.

 
Wimborne is where my sister-in-law spent time with her Granny when she was growing up in England and she was actually able to look through the books. Now you can only look.

No comments: